Sunday, May 17, 2009

Homicide is in this year

Let's take it back a few months...

It was September (or maybe August?) and the office had all participated in Race for the Cure. When you sign up you receive a t-shirt. The shirt is generally low quality and busy as heck so we (being in the t-shirt designing and printing business) chose to make one of our own. It was very simple and black (the provided shirts were white). Now I don't typically love black t-shirts b/c they get all linty and faded and they always feel different than other color shirts, but it's all good. Our black shirts looked pretty sharp in a sea full of white and pink. I kicked it up another notch by wearing black leggings and black shorts. Mind you I wasn't trying to be all Johnny Cash... the shorts were a recent purchase from walmart (imitating the sorority favorite nike shorts) and the tights-well the tights were to conceal my not so sexy, non summery legs (read: pale and chubby). No one seemed to notice my monochromatic ensemble, until later.
If you've ever raced for the cure then you know that the cure can only be raced for at an ungodly hour of the morning. If you're thinking of curing cancer please be forwarned that any efforts made past 9 o'clock am will be null and void. So I made it back to my casa around sunrise (okay, it was slightly after sunrise... but still). So after I watched Clue to wind down:






I skipped on over to the mall for a little shopping. Being the lazy Saturday kinda girl that I am, I opted to stay in my race gear. I made my obligatory stop at The Candy Wrapper for a few delicious candy treats. Every time I visit the c-dub it becomes more and more obvious that I am getting older. I know this must come as a shock. The average age of the employees is about 17, so naturally I have all sorts of fun chatting about Twilight and gossiping about celebs, etc. It turns out I have lots of things in common with High School girls (a quality that would have been useful when I was actually in high school). Alex was working that morning. Alex is a red head that stays "true to her roots" (pardon the pun). In all her fiestyness and excitement she commented on my outfit. "Man you're all murdered out!"

Ex-squeeze me? Baking powder? What does this mean? Apparently, when one is wearing all black it is refered to as being "murdered out". This is where my oldness kicks in, because that's just dumb. Who says stuff like that? Who even comes up with that? Is that because murderers wear all black? If anybody fit that profile I would say it would be a cat burglar... in which case I'd be "burgled out"

Or maybe "mimed out"?

How about I go to work tomorrow all "Snape'd out"

Or hit the club this weekend all "Beyonce'd out"?

Because it's dumb. That's why. C'mon kids, you gotta do better than that...

2 comments:

Tuesday Tastings with Lynn & Jenn said...

You did it once again... you have definitely made my day!Hilarious!

Eric said...

Haha, all fantastic, the movie, the post, and the pun!


Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss